We get a lot of questions about how to get into neurosurgery residency in the UK. This video is not exhaustive but covers a lot of the things you need to start thinking about to get into neurosurgery residency. This video on how to get into neurosurgery residency is primarily aimed at people in the UK, but a lot of it will be broadly applicable to global neurosurgery residency programmes.
- [1:17] Showing Early Interest
- [3:07] Shadowing Experience
- [4:28] Shadowing Other Specialties
- [6:07] Audits and Research Projects
- [9:55] Special Study Modules
- [10:40] Conferences
- [11:36] Surgical Skills Courses
- [12:39] Surgery or Neurological Societies
- [14:03] Teaching
- [15:26] Mini and Major Electives
- [17:53] Brainbook Ambassador Program
If you found this video helpful and informative, please consider supporting us so we can continue our mission to inform our patients, expand our reserach, and educate the next generation of neurosurgeons.
You can help us by donating to Brainbook, subscribing to our YouTube channel, or volunteering as an ambassador, or sharing your story.